Key Lime Cake





I made this in April for my mom's birthday upon her request. IT TURNED OUT AMAZING!!! Everyone loved it, the cake was great and the frosting was better! So delicious. I took things from a whole bunch of different recipes and this is what I did:

Cake:
  • 1 lemon cake mix
  • 1 cups vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 package lime flavored gelatin mix
  • 3/4 cup orange juice
Mix together and divide among pans of choice and cook according to cake box directions.

*If your worried about it being too sweet add 1/2 prepared white cake mix. I did then I used the other half to make cupcakes for those babies who wouldn't eat heaven on earth!!! I even made it swirly looking it was cool.

Key lime Frosting

1/2 cup butter
1 package cream cheese
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon orange juice
4 cups confectioners' sugar
zest from one lime mostly for pretty

Worlds best frosting!!! SO GOOD!







.

Popular Posts