Breakfast Fun: Baked Eggs in Avocados




I first saw this recipe idea on Pinterest and I just had to try it. I LOVE eggs and avocados so it seemed only natural that I give it a try. Who wouldn’t love this terrific power breakfast? As I hoped, the recipe worked just as well as the method Apron Strings talked about. In fact, I had a whole bag of avocados so I made this recipe several times. Once even for lunch! This is a new favorite for me and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new protein-packed breakfast treat. You will fall in love.

Baked Eggs in Avocados

Cut an avocado in half and remove the pit. Slice the avocado in 1/2-inch thick slices and use a round cookie cutter or knife to cut an even circle in the center. Rub a skillet with a light coating of oil and place the avocado slices on top. Crack an egg in the center of each avocado. Turn the skillet up to medium heat and place a lid over the skillet and allow it to cook for two to three minutes. Remove with a spatula, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.



.

Popular Posts